At any moment I will have to start wrestling with the suitcase explosion happening all around me right now as I sit in bed typing — I’ve left spoor across two households and in at least one VW van. This past week in Southern California I danced, did a surprising amount of walking, sipped a lot of new drinks and ate some scrumptious new food, saw old faces, thought deeply about cultivating a healthy home — full of art and abiding affection — and visited more museums than I can remember. I’ll be writing more about my journey and sharing my hotspots across the city of Angels in a few days, but right now here’s some things to read and watch while you’re all hopefully in bed like I am.
- I had a lot of fun creating a guest post with Tiffany this week about holiday styles. And because it’s me this turned out to be about dressing while traveling as well — I packed up 5 items already in my wardrobe and one pair of shimmery new heels to create 3 looks while on the go. Fellow SF blogger Tiffany is always on the go as well, capturing beautiful images and sharing her stories — check out her travel, beauty and lifestyle bog here.
- In the spirit of the holidays this is all I have to say: George Cloony meets Downton Abbey.
- Christmas has come and gone but it’s not over. SF Girl by Bay is hosting an amazing giveaway from now until January 2nd with over $1,750 of sweet, sweet home wares and pretty things. I want everything, but especially that ion lamp…
- It’s that time of year when you start thinking about how you spent your time this year (if you haven’t already) and I love this idea of creating a comparison chart for my year — where I was then versus now with work, health, travel or goals; what’s changed and what hasn’t; memory flash cards (genius idea). Visualizations like that really help me, which is why I’ve poured tirelessly over this side by side chart of the Serial timelines — contrasting Jay’s first, second and third story, Adnan’s story, and the cell records. Are we absolutely sure that this is not Mr. S’s cell phone after all?
- Finally it’s not too late to schedule some lazy time in before 2015. Especially #6: finish a few projects. Like the aforementioned packing I should probably get back to…
Read anything great this past week? Ready for some end of the year reflections? As exhausted from travel, visiting and eating as I am — or as confused by the Nisha call as I am? Let’s discuss! Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time if you’d like to stay in touch find me over at instagram, pinterest, twitter, or facebook.
Thank you all for reading =)